Monday, January 25, 2010


A new husband by Friday-??


Can this be true-?

Now, I'm no expert in this game we call marriage, but it seems to me that I hear each day of more and more people heading for the D-word. It breaks my heart!!

...I know, one doesn't wake up one morning and decide its over- it's lots of days and years of communication and emotional neglect. Well, I say NO- NO I won't let it happen to me. NO- I won't let my friends go there...and NO, I WANT to do something about it!!! I didn't go into marriage with a contract- I went into marriage with VOWS... vows that say I will FIGHT for my marriage... "In good times and BAD times!"

I was turned onto this Podcast "Have a NEW Husband by Friday" (click listen now)

If your unwilling to let your marriage fail I ask you to take the next few minutes and listen maybe even take notes on what you hear- (I took TWO pages!) and really allow the words spoken here to sink in.

7 years is the average length of marriages now- WOW that's staggering! What is going wrong? On the day of our wedding- none of us thought "Well, in 7 years I'll still be young enough to find a replacement!!" -WHAT?!! Our world has taught us that this is OK- it happens to everyone!

Well, I refuse!! Us women have got an so out of control we have forgotten that God created a provider for us- NOT us as the provider. Our husbands have been replaced by careers, worldly obsessions, and most of all an attitude of superiority. If we women continue to control our men they will continue to run quietly the other direction. But if we can learn to change the way we were taught and learn to speak to our husbands the way that they hear, our husbands will always stay home- and want to stay home ;)

I encourage all of us women to take time out to hear what our husbands are actually saying to us. They need us not to be their wife-friend BUT to be their LOVER-friend!!

Good Luck- and don't give up- you vowed you wouldn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment