To shed light on my ignorance my husband would kill me if he heard me singing this song and wearing these gloves-(well, not really-he has family from there!) But he tell me to give them to my Sis-in law who's from Canada- so you can see I am telling the truth! =)
The best thing about this winter-ending, has to be the Olympics. Now I admit, I was more "in-to-it" when I was younger. I would ice skate my way across my parents hardwood floors in my socks-twisting, twirling, jumping- imagining I was the one on TV. My mom would join in, then my two sisters. We would have such a fun time! We'd dance until someone fell- then it was all over. Until the next competitor!
I have never been to any Olympic event- I know that since it was just across the border we should have attempted to try and go. But- to be honest... A.) I get a better view from my couch B.) I didn't have to shell-out any $$$ and C.) It's TOO COLD! (all very good reasons, I think!) Which is why I was very happy to receive these red-gloves from the family I work for that spent a week up in Canada at the events. I can look like I went, without actually have gone! =)
Any who-I am happy to report this is my last "winter"-blog post! YAHOO! Is anyone else as thrilled as I am about SPRING being here?!
Spring cleaning-spring dresses-spring flowers ...everything is a little bit nicer when Spring is involved!!
Oh, Canada -Oh, Canada....

Oh Canada!
ReplyDeleteMy home and native land
True patriot love
in all thy sons command!
With glowing hearts
we see thee rise
the true North strong and free
From far and wide
Oh Canada!
We stand on gaurd for thee!
God keep our land
Glorious and Free
Oh Canada, We stand on Gaurd for thee!
Oh Canada, we stand on Gaurd for thee!
It's time you learn the anthem! I used to sing it at all the hockey games!! The cute hockey captains would escort me out to center ice... oh the good ol' days!! ;)
Tell that husband of yours that he will have to contend to not only Rashelle and myself, but Jake too if he trash talks the homeland! Jake is cheering for Team Canada during the Olympics. What a smart kid he is.