Monday, February 08, 2010

Mirror, mirror on the wall who's the fairest of them all?? (ME-Me-me!?) (Photo From)

Most of us as little girls have tried this game-

Unfortunately for me it recently happened unexpectedly.

Through daily prayer I had been asking God- to show me my true self. The self the world sees- not the self that I hope I am. I had been praying that the woman I think I am in Christ, would be the same woman the world sees.

well... I'm not. I was completely caught off guard when my mirror showed up before me. It was through a conversation with an old friend when I realized the face in the mirror wasn't my face- or the face I hoped was mine. It was a face of judgment, bad-mouthing, hate, and hurt. Nothing about it was sweet, gentle, and loving. Nothing I saw written on my face, was from the Lord or for the Lord. I was in tears by the end evening.



Who am I, I thought. I am the person- that was forgiven for all of her transgressions- forgiven for all of her sins: Now look at me- judging!!

I pray that we all take a quiet moment to remember all that was bestowed upon us- and make sure our hearts, minds, words and ACTIONS all speak as sinners forgiven.




Click on the "picnik show" if you want to see my latest collection- for some reason I can't get it to link up right- and well, I'm tired and really don't want to take the time now to figure it out- thank you for checking it out!

oxoxoxo

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully written, again! I love reading your honesty. I get a glimpse into your life- and quite often I feel I am lacking Jill in my life. I have been reading through Romans and journalling along with it while I read and ask God to reveal things to me. Wow. I have had an eye opener! Much like what you just wrote about.I have read the book at least 10 times before and yet new things are convicting me and tugging at my heart as I read it this time.
    love you sis! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great reflection. You're right, it's so important to evaluate often who we are, and where we want to be. Self-improvement is a life-long journey, but I think realizing that there is room for change is one of the greatest gifts God can give us. Not everyone has that realization until it's too late. Thanks for the reminder:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girls for sharing that you feel the same way- it's a daily battle. But yes having the knowledge that we need to change is comforting that the Holy Spirit is working within us- God Bless

    ReplyDelete