Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Those of you who are NOT outdoor -hiking types... you will enjoy this one!



Sunday morning I woke up to my husband researching local hiking spots on the Internet. This moment came as no surprise to me for he had been brainstorming an outing for awhile. Though recently in the Seattle area it has been extremely HOT; This lead me to assume that due to the extreme heat levels, today would NOT be the "DAY" ...but was I ever wrong!

Note to reader: I was given the option to join in or not (if I only would have known-!)


Our friends met us at our house early as to hopefully miss the hot part of the day. We had our small camel packs filled and our work-out shoes on (we're avid hikers can't you tell!) Once in the car we made our final decision on location. We went from a 4 mile moderate Mt. Pilchuck hike to a 7 mile Difficult Lake Serene hike.


To make a LONG hike short... with rock boulder stairs, crazy bees, sweat pouring out of EVERYWHERE, a few choice curse words, 26 switch backs and 4 hours later: We got to see 1 beautiful waterfall and 1 amazing lake! The way up was HOT LONG and EXTREMELY un-groomed! Now that it's all over it was SO worth it... The water fall was gorgeous! The lake breath-taking! And I learned I could actually be a hiker!

"Been there- Got the picture NEVER doing that again!" (without prior training!)

2 comments:

  1. You're so funny! Looks like you had fun though!

    XOXO,
    Stefie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, how funny! I recently joined a hiking club, and this past Saturday, I hiked up a 7mile, 6150 ft elevation hike up Yellow Aster Butte. (near Mt. Baker) It was perfect weather though!!!

    (But I actually like to hike) I think my thighs are still a tad sore.

    You poor thing.

    ReplyDelete